Thierry Jahan, M.D. Discusses Clinical Trial Using CRS-207 Vaccine in Mesothelioma
Thierry Jahan, M.D., recently discussed clinical data from the study, Safety and Efficacy of Listeria in Combination With Chemotherapy as Front-line Treatment for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma, at the ESMO/IASLC European Congress on Lung Cancer in Geneva in April 2016. This is a Phase Ib trial of CRS-207 in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). Dr. Jahan spoke at OncLive, the official Website for the Oncology Specialty Group:
Thierry M. Jahan, MD, a clinical professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of California San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, discusses a phase Ib trial of CRS-207 in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). CRS-207 is a live-attenuated, double-deleted Listeria monocytogene engineered to express the tumor-associated antigen mesothelin. In the the phase Ib it was administered with chemotherapy to 38 patients with MPM. Of 34 evaluable patients, 59% (n = 20) had partial response posttreatment and 35% (n = 12) had stable disease, for an overall disease-control rate 94%.
About Thierry Jahan, M.D.
Thierry Jahan, M.D. is Clinical Professor of Medicine and Bonnie J. and Anthony Addario Endowed Chair in Thoracic Oncology at UCSF. Dr. Jahan is a renowned medical oncologist specializing in the treatment lung cancer, mesothelioma and other thoracic malignancies, as well as soft tissue sarcoma. He is also a member of the Council of Master Clinicians in the UCSF Department of Medicine, a select group of outstanding physicians with exceptional knowledge, superior teaching and communication skills, and the ability to provide compassionate, appropriate, effective, and high-quality patient care.